Things to Do When You're Bored (At Least For Me, I Do These 3)

Same work and same road to go everyday does something to your soul. You're exhausted by the end of the week. And don't feel refreshed even after 2 days off in the weekend. Burns out, that's what they call it. Even the sounds of it (burn out) makes my bone cringe. 

What I need is more than a breather. I need to try something new. Not that extreme, like went paragliding or try the new air surfboard (?).

    listening to indie songs I look up on youtube and finding this channel by blue raspberry. They upload video lyric of the songs. I agree that sometimes you need to refresh your music to change the mood. All my life depends on my mood. It's scary to thing that this tiny shift inside my brain/feeling can steer me into different direction. My friend's often wary of me because my mood shifts.

    looking at vsco feed Vsco offers what instagram forget to give. The vsco peeps have common style that is classy, outstanding, and unique. I admit that instagram has that sense of pride and also pinterest has that modern sense. But vsco peeps has the ability to catch this fresh interest of places, objects, or even everyday story in completely different light.



     walking the neighborhood I am a classic couch potato. I don't exercise that often. When I do walk around, I'd go until my legs sore. I train my eyes to the ground, not really care of the direction, music from earphone in high volume. After 30-40 mins, I walk with chin raised and start to look at my surroundings. Then, I'd make scenario based on the people I see. Some people waiting for their bus to go home late, worry etched in their face, feeling sorry because their kids waiting to be fed; taxi driver waiting for the second customer of the day; homeless guy going to sleep early (without dinner) with newspaper spread as the bed; some guy waiting for their lover's text.


Like that, my boredom waft through my mind and I slightly feel better. Change your bedroom interior or try new baking recipe can also helps. Or for your extreme side, I'd definitely go to the hotel rooftop to take picture of the city like what Margo does in Paper Town. 

Or you can always do your laundry. Look at heap of fresh laundry on your living room? Yeah. That needs attention.

Playlist:
Billie Eilish - Bored
Melanie Martinez - Bittersweet Tragedy
No Vacation - dream girl
The Civil Wars - Poison & Wine
City and Colour - We Found Each Other in The Dark
Harry Styles - Ever Since New York
Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon
Conan Gray cover on Lana Del Rey's Radio

CONVERSATION

0 komentar:

Back
to top