Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

I've been searching for this book everywhere. I'd buy the hard copy but it's out of my league. I'd search for the kindle edition but no luck. After I installed Bookmate and bought the membership for a year, finally I'd be able to read this gem.





The author is a Canadian poet with Indian blood. She wrote about women and the problems surrounding them; childhood, puberty, abuse, and how to heal. I admit it, it's kinda cringing me to read the earlier chapters. Because I didn't get used to read something so raw and hurtful.
But when it's gotten to following chapter, I know that this book is meant to heal the hurtful experience in the past (the previous chapter and overall life experience).

The book is packed with any kinds of emotion, be it blue, grey, or maroon; that you'll find a piece of you in it. Whether you like it or not, you'll stumble across the quotes inside that will heal your soul that you don't know it's been bleeding all these years.

Enjoy.




Here's my favorites:

you are resilient and you are extraordinary
(rather than i compliment you that you're pretty)
not because i don't think you're pretty
but because you are so much more than that

loneliness is a sign you are in desperate need of yourself

you only belong to yourself

you are the faint line
between faith and
blindly waiting

CONVERSATION

0 komentar:

Back
to top